Sunday, August 14, 2011

My first recipe...My Freakin Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I have had so many requests for this recipe; along with requests for me to deliver them. I don't know what makes them so freakin tasty but let me tell you they are amazing. In other gluten free recipes there is a flavor that is missing from the taste, which is normally a result of using regular wheat flour. Obviously its hard to replicate. So with out further ado my freakin sweet recipe.

Freakin Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dry ingredients:
1 1/4 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup gluten free oat meal (Bobs red mill GF rolled oats)
1/2 teaspoon salt


Wet ingredients:
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark depending on your preference; I use light)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla (mccormicks is GF)
1 large bag chocolate chips of your choice


Ichi: Throw all the dry ingredients into medium sized bowl and whisk together. set aside

Ni: In large bowl cream together butter and sugars (white&brown). ALWAYS HAND MIX COOKIE DOUGH NEVER USE A MIXER!!! Add eggs one at a time until well blended;add vanilla.

San: Add in dry ingredients a little at a time until well blended; then add chocolate chips.

Shi: Place cookies in fridge for at least one hour. I like to place mine to chill over night. They tend to hold shape better and have that nice fluffy appearance when chilled.

Go: After said chilling period preheat oven to 350 degrees; then line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Parchment paper saves your live and prevents sticking. (coolest shiz ever)

Roku: Place cookies about 2 inches apart on pan; bake for 12-14 minutes depending on how you likes em. Cool on wire racks.

Notes with this recipe: I go to my local Asian grocery store for my white rice and sweet rice flours. They have a better less grainy consistency than their American counterparts. These flours are usually a dollar per one pound at the Asian Grocery vs 5 dollars per pound at your neighborhood grocery or specialty store. <---Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment